As I completed this book the mystery of the diary begins to appear. As I read page by page the suspense begins to rise. This book has the most non thought of ending. I am please to say that Cooney takes mystery and suspense to another level. She makes the characters known, but full of mystery. As I began to get closer to the end of the book the pages from the diary began to come back. Thinking Rose was hiding the murder of Frannie the Rose soon finds out their is a murder related to that weekend and the Loffts. But the catch is it wasn't Frannie. So who was it? Chrissie soon finds out.
As rose's life changes in a moment of truth she comes to realize that the person that tried to kill her was someone he rand her brother knew. Rose goes with him thinking that she is not in danger. Thinking they were getting her brother from the airport. Rose realizes that her life is in danger. Alan and Crissie go after Rose after realizing that something is wrong. So as the ending of the book comes closer the mystery inside the journal unfolds. Yes their was a secret Rose was trying to keep hiding. But it wasn't the death of Frannie Bailey. Rose realizes that she is know in the presence of the real murderer of Frannie.
Finally Rose is safe. But what of the secret she desperately tried to hide? She now knows that she did write a murder down in her diary but that wasn't what she hiding she thought what she wrote down didn't mean anything because she didn't actually see a murder so she thought nothing of it. But the real secret she was hiding was much worse to her. One she thought could change her whole life and her family. One she can't hold in any longer.
This book has past the expatiation I had for it. I initially thought at the beginning of the book that it wont get interesting and will keep talking about Rose's life and the journal. Cooney kept making me wait to get to the juicy parts. But in the end it was worth reading the boring stuff because without all the information about her brother's band, her crush, her best friend and the secret the ending wouldn't be as surprising as it was. Reading this book took time and concentration but it was time well spent. So if you like mystery books or books that keep you in suspense I think you should read Fatality By Caroline B. Cooney. This is the most twisted and outrageous book I have ever read. the ending like I said is worth the wait.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Fatality By Caroline B. Cooney (131-ending)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Julia, I really love two things about this response. First, the evident hard work. Secondly, the last paragraph. It is supported by evidence and conveys a clear point. The first three are a little plotty. Don't feel you have to retell the story. Take a stance and analyze/discuss.
Post a Comment