As for my last post I wrote about can you be successful with out having to go to college? and I thought, writing about a success story would be a great idea to start off on another post on a person who is actually successful in todays world. Right off the bat i thought of Richard Branson, I did'nt know a lot about him so I google in his name and clicked on the information about him, which was the site (forbes.com) and for many people who dont know, hes the founder of the brand Virgin, he established Virgin mobile, Virgin Airlines etc. It was written that he was a high school drop and that he left school to start his own business. through out my research and i aslo posted in my last post, I notice a lot of people on the website (yahooanswers) suggested that opening a business of your own is another way to become successful as well. But it isnt easy, and as for Richard Branson he has over 360 companies and he has an estimated net worth of approximately $7.9 billion (wikipedia)and he had to work hard to get to were he is at now, anything's possible if your passionate about it.
"#245 Richard Branson." 03 may 2008
Lorenz, Kate. "Success without a college degree." 03 11 2006
Wikipedia. "Richard Branson."Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Success stories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Justine, very interesting topic. Your right about your research. I know Richard Branson and until reading your blog I never knew that he dropped out of High School. I guess you don't need a college education to be successful all you need is a good imagination. Knowing you I believe you can make it. Also this is one of the best research projects I have commented on thus far.
Everyone always says if you dont go to college you will make nothing of your life. But look at all the succesfull people out there that never went. They probley have more money than half the people that went to college. This was a good topic to research. College just is not for everyone i guess.
Post a Comment