Thursday, May 08, 2008

Understanding the violence in the past

In order to better understand the present, I decided to look for instances of violence in the past. I know that there was alot of gangster activity in the early 1900's. So I was researching the past to find out what the violence was like back then. I have found some information on it that explains on how it was way back then.

For example, Bonnie and Clyde: They were an public enemy era between 1931 and 1935. They have been known for bank robberies and shootings. Clyde preferred to rob small stores or gas stations ("Bonnie and Clyde").

Also, Alphonse Gabriel Capone: He was nicknamed Scarface. He was an Italian American gangster who led a crime dedicated to the smuggling and bootlegging of liquor and other illegal activities during the Prohibition Era of the 1920s and 1930s ("Al Capone").

Bonnie and Clyde and Al Capone were the gangsters, mobsters and outlaws whose crimes made news during the times of the 1920s and 1930s. The consumption of alcohol continued, and bootlegging, or the illegal manufacture of alcohol, became more common in the world when the world went on.

("Bootleggers, Mobsters and Outlaws: Crime of the 1920s and 1930s ").

1 comment:

Sara said...

I liked how you researched past experiences to get a better feel on the subject. Both of the examples you showed are very famous ones. I think that may have something to do with violence in present day. Things people see in movies and hear in songs probably influence them.