Depression has always been a part of my life weather it was a friend or family member. Most of the females on my mother's side of the family have depression. So since I have been surrounded by it for so long I want to know more about it. I see what depression can do to people and it makes me feel bad because it feels like there is nothing I could do to help them. Watching my mom taking medicine and seeing the scars on my friends arm makes me feel useless. I want to know how these things can make them better. I want to know more about their issue.
Since I've been around this almost my whole life I can't tell you much since I got use to seeing things happen. I know that when my mother gets depressed she usually hides in her room or lays down somewhere to sleep. I use to know a friend that would cut herself and when I asked why she said it relieved her of stress. I don't understand the reason of depression and I hope to find out more so I can relate to people with depression more.
So I wounder about the ways I can relate more to depressed people such as my mother. I want to know what is the real reason for depression? Is their a way to prevent depression? What are signs of depression? Is depression increasing with the younger generation? Why are so many teens becoming depressed? What are some effects of depression?
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Depression........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment